Let's create a community that promotes active participation in all aspects of a person's life, regardless of their age.
In 2019 we undertook extensive engagement and collaboration with older Inner West residents and experts to understand what is needed to support them to participate and experience a fulfilling healthy and connected life as they age.
Based on the initial response we created a four-year strategy and action plan and would like to know if this approach makes sense to you and whether there is something missing.
What is included in the strategy?
We hope that the draft strategy has captured the aspirations for older people as they age. It identifies the roles and responsibility of Council and suggests strategic focus areas that supports and encourages people to participate safely and lead fulfilling lives.
Over the next four years we want to focus on six focus areas to support you getting around in comfort and enable you to safely participate, contribute and connect.
- Staying active
- Getting around and staying connected
- Housing, employment and financial security
- Learning and sharing knowledge
- Health and diversity.
The Action Plan
The action plan brings the strategy to life over the next four years and informs our work priorities and budget allocation.
Have your say
Have we got it right? Share your thoughts and feeback:
- Online by completing the feedback form
- By mail addressed to: Inner West Council, PO Box 14, Petersham 2049, attention to Johanne Gallagher
- Call a FREE Interpreter or the National Relay Service, Monday to Friday between 9am-4pm and provide our phone number 02 9392 5284.
- Free Interpreter call TIS National on 131 450
- Voice relay call 1300 555 727
- TTY call 133 677
- SMS relay call 0423 677 767
- If you are providing feedback on behalf of an organisation please complete the submission form
- To request a paper copy of the strategy and feedback form, please call Johanne Gallagher on 02 93925284.
Last day to provide feedback is Sunday 19 September 2021
What happens next?
Your feedback will be reviewed by the project team and where relevant incorporated into the strategy. The elected Council will make a decision to either adopt the draft strategy as exhibited; adopt the strategy with changes; or not adopt the the strategy. Everyone who provides feedback will be notified when the strategy is being considered by Council.