What this privacy statement covers?
Our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information is regulated by the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW). You can find more information about your privacy rights at the Information and Privacy Commission NSW website.
Inner West Council - Privacy statement and Access to information
What personal information we collect and how we use it
The details you provide are stored at Council offices and are not made publicly available unless there is an overriding public interest to do so under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act) and in accordance with section 18(1)(b) of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW).
We collect information from you when you register to use this site. This includes your email address and additional demographic information as provided by you on the registration form.
Please note that you are able to browse any publicly accessible sections of this website completely anonymously without signing up.
The content you create as part of your interactions with this website. These can include responses to surveys, comments on discussion forums, or any of the other engagement opportunities available here.
We collect information about your usage of the site, such as pages visited, documents downloaded, etc.
How we use the information we collect
We collect this information in order to:
- analyse and interpret it to help meet our objectives and obligations;
- communicate information to you about engagement opportunities, events and other initiatives; and
- respond to enquiries and otherwise engage with stakeholders.
If you visit the Your Say Inner West site to read, download information or provide feedback, the following will be recorded for statistical purposes:
- Your server's address
- The name of the top level domain from which you access the Internet (eg: .gov, .com, .edu, .org,.au, .nz etc)
- The type of browser you use
- The date and time you accessed the site
- The pages you accessed and the pages you downloaded. The previous Internet address from which you linked directly to our site
- The Internet address to which you link directly from our site
The above information is used to create summary statistics which allow us to assess the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, discover what information is most and least used, determine technical design specifications, and help us make our site more useful to visitors.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of linked websites and we suggest you review the privacy policies of those websites before using them.
While no online service is completely secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorised access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take all reasonable measures to do so.
Requesting access or correcting your personal information
Subject to applicable local laws and regulations, you may have some or all of the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- to access your personal data and to rectify any inaccuracies within that personal data
- to request for the erasure of your personal data residing with us
- to request your personal data in portable, machine-readable format and
- to withdraw your consent to our processing of their personal data.
If you wish to contact us to with a request relating to personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details set out below including your name and contact details. We may need to verify your identity before providing you with your personal information.
In some cases, we may be unable to provide you with access to all your personal information and where this occurs, we will explain why. We will deal with all requests for access to personal information within a reasonable timeframe.