As part of the Leichhardt Park Plan of Management, Council proposes to construct a Skate Plaza in Leichhardt Park. The Plan of Management was adopted at the Council Meeting on 11 November 2020 after comprehensive community engagement.
Before proceeding, Council has arranged preparation of a comprehensive Review of Environmental Factors (REF). An REF assesses the environmental and social impacts of a project. Council has contracted specialist independent consultants SJB Planning to conduct the REF and make recommendations for mitigating any impacts of the skate plaza. It will be used by the Council to determine whether the project should go ahead.
You are invited to review the associated documents and provide a submission.
The following documents are on public exhibition for comment:
- Sections of the Leichhardt Plan of Management dealing with Lilyfield Skate Plaza (primarily pages 44, 45 and 48)
- Draft review of Environmental Factors and its annexures
You can inspect the documents in hard copy during the submission period at:
- Ashfield Service Centre, 260 Liverpool Road, Ashfield
- Leichhardt Service Centre, 7-15 Wetherill Street, Leichhardt
- Petersham Service Centre, 2-14 Fisher Street, Petersham
- Balmain Library, 370 Darling Street, Balmain
Make a submission
- Online using the form
- By mail addressed to: Inner West Council, PO Box 14, Petersham 2049, quoting reference 'Lilyfield Skate Plaza'
- Email your submission to: Aaron.Callaghan@innerwest.nsw.gov.au quoting reference 'Lilyfield Skate Plaza'
Submissions are now closed.
What happens next?
All submissions will be forwarded directly to SJB Planning for an independent review and will be consolidated into an engagement outcomes report. Updates will be made to the REF where appropriate.
The elected Council has already adopted the Leichhardt Plan of Management which includes the skate park with the condition that, for the skate park, staff complete an environmental assessment to at least the same standard and with the same community participation as would be required for a development application. The General Manager has delegation to approve this matter and must report the public exhibition outcome and the final REF back to Council.
The engagement outcomes report will be available to view at yoursay.innerwest.nsw.gov.au when the matter goes to Council. Submitters will be notified of the date of the Council meeting and the outcome via email.
If a petition or group response is received, then the head petitioner, or first signatory to the petition, will be responsible for notifying the other signatories of the outcome.