Inner West Council developed a draft Leichhardt Park Plan of Management (PoM) with community input. After NSW Government approval, the community now has a last chance to have their say on the latest amendments and key proposals before it goes to Council for adoption.
Latest amendments and key proposals:
- Proposed pedestrian link road has been changed to allow one-way vehicle access and traffic calming measures (refer to Zone 4 on page 61 of the draft PoM)
- Leases and licensing section has been updated with more details of the permitted uses within the park (refer to pages 32-35 of the draft PoM)
- A separate para-rowing facility adjacent to Blue Hippo playground
- A synthetic surface development with new amenities at Leichhardt Oval No. 2
- Enhanced bush care initiatives
- New skate park adjacent to Leichhardt Oval #3 and the Le Montage Function Centre
- Future expansion by Leichhardt Rowing Club to the east (onto the site with the redundant Air Transponder)
- Recommendation for a separate Bay Run Master Plan and Leichhardt Oval Master Plan, which will guide their long-term management.
Have your say
Read through the proposed Plan of Management and Master Plan and let us know what you think by filling out the feedback form.
We want to make sure everybody can provide feedback.
- If you need an interpreter, you can contact us through the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450. You will need to provide our phone number 02 9335 2267.
- If you are Deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment you can contact us through the National Relay Service. You will need to provide our phone number 02 9335 2267.
The last day to provide feedback is Monday, 19 October 2020.
What happens next?
After the engagement period, the Parks Planning team will review and consider community feedback before finalising the plans. The plans will then go to the elected Council for adoption. The Park will be progressively upgraded over the next 10 years.