The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment (DPIE) issued a Gateway determination for the planning proposal for 1-5 Chester Street Annandale. Council has been given delegation as the Planning Proposal Authority to exhibit the planning proposal but not the authority to make the plan.
Key features of the planning proposal
Proposed key changes to the current planning controls for this land in the Leichhardt Local Environmental Plan (LEP) 2013 will:
- Rezone IN2 Light Industrial to B7 Business Park
- Include new local provisions such as:
- Allow a maximum floor space ratio (FSR) of 2:1 including minimum FSR of 0.75:1 for businesses and light industries in the technology, bio-medical, arts, production and design sectors
- Restrict the maximum building height to 17m or 5 storeys
- Allow boarding house for student accommodation that would comply with the requirements of State Environmental Planning Policy Affordable Rental Housing 2009
- Provide a pedestrian and cycle path and landscaping along Johnstons Creek
- Ensure that the development will incorporate environmentally sustainable principles with a minimum of 4-star Green Star rating
- Check out the Frequently Asked Questions section
- Read Council report includes officer comments
- View Council minutes
Have your say
- By completing the Chester Street Planning Proposal submission form
- By mail: Inner West Council, PO Box 14, Petersham 2049. Please mark your submission 1-5 Chester Street, Annandale Planning Proposal
Submissions close on Wednesday 25 November 2020.
Other ways to provide feedback
We want to make sure everybody has the opportunity to provide ideas and feedback.
If you need an interpreter you can contact us through the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450. and ask to speak to Inner West Council on 02 9392 5689.
If you have a hearing or speech impairment contact us through National Relay Service. You will need to provide Inner West Council's phone number 02 9392 5689.
These services operate Monday to Friday 9am-4pm.
Alternatively you can use:
- Voice Relay number: 1300 555 727
- TTY number: 133 677
- SMS relay number: 0423 677 767
What happens next?
Following the exhibition period the Council will consider the submissions and decide whether it will recommend that the Minister of Planning should make the proposed LEP amendment. The final decision to make the plan rests with the Minister for Planning. When the final decision is made and if the amendment is approved the change is gazetted (published on the NSW legislation website).