Developing a 10-year shared vision between Council and the community for upgrading Leichhardt Park Aquatic Centre (LPAC).
In October 2018 Inner West Council completed public exhibition of the draft Master Plan for this well loved community facility. Following this engagement the Inner West Council received additional information about the condition of the dive tower and pool structure which due to its age was deemed at the end of its life and cannot be retained. The construction of a 10 lane pool was also discovered to be unfeasible. The revised master plan will guide improvements at the LPAC over the next ten years.
What is different in this plan?
The revised Master Plan includes the following design elements:
- The 50m pool has been reduced in scope to include an eight lane swimming pool rather than the proposed ten lane. This change significantly reduces the construction cost and minimises layout changes such as relocating the plant room and key services
- The dive pool has been replaced with a 25m pool. This will increase the number of lanes available which will improve access and increase programs on offer
- A reorganised layout around the pool including new shading, better seating and external showers
- An updated entry to the hydro pool which will create additional swimming space
- An improved landscaping maximising passive recreation areas and enhancing access for all
- A minor adjustments to the health and fitness room use
View the revised master plan pdf
Have your say
Read through the revised Master Plan and let us know what you think:
- Online: by filling out the LPAC feedback form
- By mail: Inner West Council, PO Box 14, Petersham 2049. Please mark your mail Leichhardt Park Aquatic Centre - draft Master Plan Public Exhibition
Feedback closes 20 April 2020
What happens next?
After the engagement period, we will review and consider community feedback before finalising the plan. All those who provide feedback will be advice of when the plan is considered by Council.