Council has developed a draft Local Area Traffic Management Plan to address key concerns about traffic, pedestrian and cycling in the Newtown area. The area is bounded by Enmore Road, King Street, Alice Street and Edgeware Road.
How was the draft plan prepared?
The plan has been developed using information from:
- a survey distributed to about 3,300 households and businesses in June and July 2018
- ongoing correspondence from the community about issues in Newtown
- a review of traffic volumes, vehicle speeds, heavy vehicle use and crash statistics in the area.
What’s in the draft plan?
The plan includes options of traffic management treatments and changes as shown in the documents in the find out more section.
Have your say
You are invited to have your say by:
- Online, by submitting the Traffic Management in Newtown Feedback
- By mail, addressed to Inner West Council, PO Box 14, Petersham 2049. Please mark your feedback -Traffic Management in Newtown Feedback 14/5139
The last day to provide feedback is Friday 3 May 2019.
What happens next?
Council will consider all feedback when deciding whether to adopt the draft plan without changes, with changes or not to adopt it. The treatments are expected to be built within 2 – 5 years, subject to the feedback received through this engagement, prioritisation of options and budget allocation.