Council wishes to lodge a nomination with Heritage NSW to place the Haberfield suburb on the NSW State Heritage Register. The State listing will recognise Haberfield as an outstanding and unique town planning example of a Garden Suburb in NSW and will give added protection for retaining Haberfield’s unique character.
Check out the FAQ section for more information about the process and impact
How will this impact the current development consent in Haberfield?
The State Listing nomination will maintain the current development consent process for Haberfield properties through the Inner West Council. Major building alterations will continue to require a Development Application (DA) through Council and minor works will not require a DA.
Have your say
The Haberfield State Heritage Listing survey has now concluded
- Online provide feedback by completing the submission form
- By mail addressed to: Inner West Council, PO Box 14, Petersham 2049. Please mark your submission Haberfield State Listing
- Call a FREE Interpreter or the National Relay Service Monday to Friday between 9am-4pm and provide our phone number 02 93925616 or 02 9392 5329
- Free Interpreter call TIS National on 131 450
- Voice relay call 1300 555 727
- TTY call 133 677
- SMS relay call 0423 677 767
Hard copies of the documents can be viewed at Ashfield Service Centre, 260 Liverpool Road.
The feedback has concluded.
What happens next?
Following the finalisation of future amendments to the Heritage Act 1977, Council will review its proposal to list Haberfield on the State Heritage Register.