Yeo Park is a popular park of local heritage significance that is greatly valued by the community. It provides a range of passive recreation and informal sporting opportunities, relaxation and play for children.
However, the playground is reaching the end of its life and needs a revamp.
We're improving the playground adjacent to Yeo Park Infant School to become a unique playful space for our community. We are particularly interested in creating a welcoming space for diverse ages and ability levels.
- Existing shade sail retained
- New equipment
- New landscaping
- New seating
- New playground surfacing
- Renewal of existing pergola adjacent to playground
- BBQ area
Lighting upgrade - lighting within the park does not comply with current safety standards. All existing poles and light fittings will be removed and replaced with higher quality lighting along the major east-west thoroughfares
Planting beds will be replanted where necessary
Upgrade of footpath to Yeo Park Infants School from Old Canterbury Road
Replacement of existing timber log pole vehicular barrier (Victoria Road) with sandstone blocks
Renewal of vehicular entrance to Gough Reserve
Have your say
We are interested in what make this playground special to you! What do you like about the existing playground and what are the most important upgrades we should consider?
- Add your suggestions to the ideas wall below
- In person at Outfield Café, 230 Victoria St Ashfield – ask for the Yeo Park playground Equipment Preference Survey
- Call the project lead directly: Michael Cavanagh - Parks Project Manager on 02 9392 5473 or email email@example.com
To receive information or provide feedback in another format, call us Monday to Friday, 9am-4pm via free community services. You will need to provide the project lead's phone number: 02 9392 5585.
- For a free interpreter call via TIS National on 13 14 50
- If you have a hearing or speech impairment contact us via the National Relay Service:
- Voice Relay number: 1300 555 727
- TTY number: 133 677
- SMS Relay number: 0423 677 767
The final day to provide feedback is Friday 25 March 2022.
What happens next?
The project team will use your feedback and other information to develop the final playground design. Everyone who provides feedback will be updated via email and on this project page.
Design your play space at Yeo Park
CLOSED: This engagement is closed. Thank you to all who provided feedback.
Help us design a unique playground for people of all ages and abilities to come together and hang out in a fun and exciting space
How to participate:
- Read through the responses and see if someone else shares your idea
- If yes, you can 'like' and comment creating a conversation thread for the team to review
- If no, create a new post-it-note and share your ideas
- Click on the blank square that says 'Add your idea'
- Enter your email address and create a screen name (your email will be private, but everyone can see your screen name)
What to include:
- Ideas for the park including suggestions for playground equipment and themes - we've included some inspirational photos to get you started!
- Optional: add a human touch! Upload a file or photo to support your idea. By uploading content you give staff permission to include material in the Engagement Outcomes Report and other contexts related to the project without seeking additional permission. All images will be credited where possible.