The Rozelle North Local Area Traffic Management (LATM) Plan is ready for community comment. At it's meeting on 8 February 2022 the Council endorsed the draft plan for public exhibition. The Rozelle North area is bounded by the water front, Young Street, Darling Street and Victoria Road.
How was the draft plan prepared?
- In early 2020 we asked you to share your knowledge and experiences about local safety and traffic issues
- In September 2020 we presented options to you and sought your feedback
- We also conducted review of traffic volumes, vehicle speeds, heavy vehicles and inspected crash statistics in the area
- We have used information from ongoing correspondence from the community about issues in this area
What is in the draft plan?
The plan includes recommended traffic management treatments and changes across the Rozelle North Precinct. The draft plan proposes upgrades of existing crossings and installation of new pedestrian crossings, a new roundabout, kerb blisters and speed cushions.
Details of proposed treatments
|1. Kerb blister in Wellington Street at Nelson||8. Convert Crystal Street to one way clockwise and investigate additional parking capacity|
|2. 10km.h Shared Zone in Tilba Avenue||9. Raise existing at grade zebra crossing in Wise Street immediately west of Darling Street|
|3. Roundabout at Elliott, Glassop and Terry Streets||10. Raise existing at grade zebra crossing in Terry Street immediately south of Nagurra Place|
|4. Kerb blister in Glassop Street at White Street,||11. Speed cushions in Terry Street between Norman and Thornton Streets|
|5. Raised zebra crossing in Darling Street south of Merton Street,||12. Zebra crossing in Wellington Street south of Terry Street|
|6. Kerb extensions in Wellington Street north of Merton Street||13. Zebra crossing in Terry Street west of Wellington Street|
|7. Terry Street near Wise Street linemarking||14. Kerb extension and accessible parking space on eastern side of Darling street south of Nelson Street|
Locations of proposed treatments
Read the draft plan
- Download a copy of the Rozelle North LATM
- Visit Leichhardt Service Centre, 7-15 Wetherill St, Leichhardt to view a hard copy
- Contact Jason Scoufis on 02 9392 5561 to request paper copy of the plan or the feedback form
Have your say
You are invited to provide feedback on the draft Rozelle North Local Area Traffic Management plan
- Online, by completing the feedback form.
- By mail, addressed to Jason Scoufis Inner West Council, PO Box 14, Petersham 2049.
- Call a FREE Interpreter or the National Relay Service, Monday to Friday between 9am-4pm and provide our phone number 02 9392 5561.
- Free Interpreter call TIS National on 131 450
- Voice relay call 1300 555 727
- TTY call 133 677
- SMS relay call 0423 677 767
Last day to provide feedback is Sunday 15 May 2022
What happens next?
Your feedback will be reviewed by the project team and where relevant incorporated into the plan. The elected Council will decide to either adopt the draft plan as exhibited; adopt the plan with changes; or not adopt the plan. Everyone who provides feedback will be notified when the plan is being considered by Council.