Inner West Council and JVM Holdings Pty Ltd are proposing to enter into a Voluntary Planning Agreement which would take effect on the date it is executed by both parties.
The Voluntary Planning Agreement is in relation to the redevelopment of Precinct 75, Mary, Edith and Roberts Streets, St Peters.
The site is located at 67, 73-83 Mary, 50-52 Edith & 43 Roberts Streets, St Peters. The total site area is approximately 15,200 square metres. The site is located within a predominantly residential area, characterised by one and two storey developments.
The development will:
- Rezone the land from IN2 Light Industrial and R2 Low Density Residential to B4 Mixed Use
- Increase the maximum floor space ratio for the land from 0.6:1 and 0.95:1 to 2.2:1 across the land
- Include a range of maximum building heights, varying from 3 metres (single storey) to 29 metres (8-9 storeys)
- Include a number of site-specific administrative changes to facilitate redevelopment of the site
The Planning Proposal was assessed by the NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment.
Key features of the Voluntary Planning Agreement
- Dedication of fully fitted out Artist Studios of more than 239m2 in size
- Provision of open public space of more than 600m2 in size
- Monetary contribution of $2,000,000 payable to Council to be used for affordable housing or public domain upgrades
View the planning proposal in Council's planning tracker
Have your say
- Online: by completing the submission form
- By mail: addressed to Inner West Council, PO Box 45, Leichhardt NSW 2040.
Submissions close Sunday 21 June 2020
What happens next?
After the exhibition closes, your feedback will be reported to Council to decide whether to enter into the VPA or not. The report will be considered by Council at its meeting on Tuesday 23 June 2020. Anyone who makes a submission will be notified of the Council meeting.