Consultation has concluded
Council has heard community concerns about competing demands for parking. Localised precinct studies provide a better understanding of the current parking situation and key issues.
Leichhardt West precinct refers to a study area bounded by Parramatta Road, Hawthorne Canal, Darley Road and Elswick Street. View an image of the study area.
Hear from Jason Scoufis, project lead about what's been happening
A draft Report examining the parking situation has been prepared by GTA Consultants. It presents 12 proposals to better manage parking and competing needs of workers, residents, commuters and businesses in the study area.
For more information view:
The draft Report
- FAQ: How was the draft report prepared? (see FAQ)
- FAQ: What have we learned about parking in the Leichhardt West precinct? (see FAQ)
- FAQ: What is the eligibility to participate in the Resident Parking Scheme? (see FAQ)
Local knowledge is essential to this work. We appreciate that the Public Health Orders present different parking challenges. Your feedback on the draft proposals will help us understand what needs to be reviewed.
Share your views on the proposed strategies:
Complete the feedback form
- By mail: addressed to Inner West Council, PO Box 14, Petersham, 2049. Please mark your letter with reference – Leichhardt West Precinct Parking Study
- Request a paper survey or provide feedback over the phone. Call Jason on 9392 5561 or email Jason.Scoufis@innerwest.nsw.gov.au
- Via a FREE Interpreter or the National Relay Service. They can call us Monday to Friday, 9am-4pm on 9392 5561.
- For a free interpreter call us via TIS National on 131 450
- Voice Relay number: 1300 555 727
- TTY number: 133 677
- SMS relay number: 0423 677 767
Last day to provide feedback is Friday, 15 October 2021.
Your feedback will be combined with comments from other stakeholders to prepare the final report. We will update the Engagement Outcomes Report with what we heard and officer responses to key themes/issues. We will not respond to individual concerns. Everyone who provided feedback will be notified via email when the final report goes to Council for adoption.