At its meeting in August 2022 Council adopted the recommendations of the Local Traffic Committee.
In June 2022 the Local Traffic Committee considered a Report including community feedback and supported the proposal.
In response to concerns raised by residents regarding limited parking spaces and pedestrian safety concerns in William Street and Elswick Street North. Council is proposing the following:
- 45-degree angle parking in Elswick Street North, with concrete median island and linemarking between Darley Road and William Street
- Linemarking, Kerb extensions and continuous footpath treatment in William Street near intersection of Elswick Street
The proposed ‘45⁰ Angle Parking, Rear to Kerb, Vehicles Under 6m Only’ restrictions be signposted on staggered arrangement on both sides of Elswick Street North to increase parking supply and also provide traffic calming measures by narrowing the road carriageway and providing slow points.
The proposed kerb extension on both sides of William Street east of Elswick Street should improve pedestrian safety by reducing the crossing distance at this location. A continuous footpath is also proposed on the unnamed lane (between Charles St and Elswick Street North).
Have your say
You can provide feedback:
- Online using the feedback form below
- By post: Inner West Council, PO Box 14, Petersham, 2049
- If you would like a paper copy of the feedback form mailed to you or provide feedback over the phone, please contact me on (02) 9392 5739.
Final day for comments is Tuesday, 14 June 2022.
What happens next?
All feedback will be reviewed and considered. What we heard will be combined with other information to prepare a recommendation for the Local Traffic Committee.