At its meeting on Tuesday 14 May 2019 Council endorsed the public exhibition of the Draft Operational Plan and Budget FY2019/20, Draft Fees and Charges FY2019/20, the updated Long Term Financial Plan 2019 to 29 and revised Delivery Program 2018 to 22.
About these documents
The draft documents outline Council’s planned services, key project and budgets, including fees and charges for the next financial year and beyond.
The documents also show how these actions work towards the community vision in Our Inner West 2036 – the Inner West Community Strategic Plan.
What else is included in the public exhibition?
The draft Fees and Charges FY2019/20 include proposals for the harmonisation of fees and charges for some services. This is to align and simplify fees across the former Ashfield, Leichhardt and Marrickville areas. These proposals include changes to fees for:
- Sporting grounds hire
- Domestic waste charges and
- Introduction of a Compliance and Enforcement Levy for development applications. This is to offset the cost of ensuring that Council officers are available to take effective action against unlawful activities and enforce legal compliance.
Have your say
You are invited to provide feedback on the draft strategic documents by completing the Inner West Council Key Strategic documents 2019 to 2029 submission.
Hard copies of the documents can be viewed at Council’s three customer service centres between 8:30am and 5pm throughout the exhibition period:
- Ashfield - 260 Liverpool Road
- Leichhardt - 7 to 15 Wetherill Street
- Petersham - 2 to 14 Fisher Street
Last day to provide feedback is Tuesday, 11 June 2019
What happens next?
All feedback on the documents will be considered before finalising the drafts. Council will consider the final drafts at its meeting on Tuesday, 25 June 2019 and decide whether to adopt them.