What is the purpose of these plans?
The draft documents outline Council's planned services, key projects and budgets, including fees and charges for the financial year 2022 to 2023. The documents outline how Council will be working to achieve the community's vision outlined in the draft Inner West Community Strategic Plan - Our Inner West 2036.
What is in the draft plans?
Delivery Program 2022-26 and Operational Plan and Budget 2022-2023
In 2022/23, Council is budgeting for a deficit of $0.7m (before capital grants and contributions), with the key drivers of the budget including:
- An application to IPART for the reinstatement of the adopted 2021/22 10-Year Long Term Financial Plan (LTFP) rate peg of 2% in line with the Local Government offering.
- Continued draw down of the Domestic Waste Management reserve.
- Fees and Charges indexed at 2% and over LTFP unless stated otherwise.
- Increase of salaries and wages by 2.5% in line with the award.
- Including adequate budget for the maintenance of Council facilities under its control.
Fees and Charges
The draft Fees & Charges for 2022/23 provide for a general increase of 2.0%. Select fees have varied from the standard increase after considering other factors such as community benefits and costs of providing services. An example of Fees & Charges increasing higher than the 2.0% include Child Care, where fees have not increased in the past two financial years and are increasing to 3.0% to recover costs for providing the service but not recovering full cost of service. Statutory fees are as per determination.
Long-Term Financial Plan for 2022-2023
The LTFP sets out two scenarios that each, at the very least, maintain current service levels and establish a balanced budget. These are:
- Scenario 1 – Business as Usual, maintain existing service levels
- Scenario 2 – Addresses the Infrastructure Asset Renewal Backlog
Download the draft document to read online
View the rating category maps
Hard copies are available to read at the following locations:
- Ashfield Service Centre, 260 Liverpool Road, Ashfield
- Leichhardt Service Centre, 7-15 Wetherill Street, Leichhardt
- Petersham Service Centre, 2-14 Fisher Street, Petersham
- Balmain Library, 370 Darling Street, Balmain
- Haberfield Library, 78 Dalhousie St, Haberfield
- Marrickville Library, Patyegarang Place, 313 Marrickville Road, Marrickville
- St Peters Library, St Peters Town Hall, Unwins Bridge Rd, Sydenham
Have your say
Council invites you to provide feedback on the draft strategic documents. You can provide feedback by:
- Completing the submission form
- Mailing your submission to: Inner West Council, PO Box 14, Petersham 2049, attention to Khanh Tran
- Calling or emailing Khanh Tran or Quinn Ritchie
- Calling a FREE Interpreter or the National Relay Service, Monday to Friday between 9am-4pm and provide our phone number 02 9292 5131
- Free Interpreter call TIS National on 131 450
- Voice relay call 1300 555 727
- TTY call 133 677
- SMS relay call 0423 677 767
Last day to provide feedback is 15 May 2022.
What happens next?
All feedback will be considered before the plans are finalised. Council will consider the final documents at its meeting on Tuesday 14 June 2022 and decide whether to adopt them. Everyone who provides feedback will be notified of Council's decision.