Our Inner West 2036 is your plan
Our Inner West 2036 - identifies the community's vision for the future, long term goals, strategies to get there and how to measure progress towards that vision. It was developed in 2017-18 through extensive community consultation. The Community Strategic Plan (CSP) is reviewed at the beginning of each Council term.
Last year between October and December we sought your feedback on the CSP, to help us make sure the it still reflects your priorities and concerns for the future of the Inner West. We have reviewed your valuable feedback, worked with senior staff and your elected representatives to prepare the revised draft Community Strategic Plan. It is now time to check back with you to find our if we got your feedback right.
View the recording of the online public forum held on Wednesday 11 May
What's in the revised Community Strategic Plan?
- 5 strategic directions (SD) - key themes of community priorities
- 24 outcomes - what we want to achieve by 2036
- 60 strategies - the high level actions to be undertaken by Council and its many partners
- Council's role explained and clarified
- Progress indicators for each Strategic Direction
Hard copies are available to read at the following locations:
- Ashfield Service Centre, 260 Liverpool Road, Ashfield
- Leichhardt Service Centre, 7-15 Wetherill Street, Leichhardt
- Petersham Service Centre, 2-14 Fisher Street, Petersham
- Balmain Library, 370 Darling Street, Balmain
- Haberfield Library, 78 Dalhousie St, Haberfield
- Marrickville Library, Patyegarang Place, 313 Marrickville Road, Marrickville
- St Peters Library, St Peters Town Hall, Unwins Bridge Rd, Sydenham
Tracking Council's progress
Every year Council is required to report on it's progress and plan for the future. The Delivery Program 2022-2026 outlines Council’s commitment to achieving the outcomes and strategies of the CSP during its term of office. The one-year Operational Plan contains detailed actions for the year, the Delivery Program/Operational Plan and Long Term Financial Strategy are reviewed and updated annually.
Have your say
Council invites you to provide feedback on the draft strategic documents. Submissions can be made:
- Online by completing the submission form
- By mail addressed to: Inner West Council, PO Box 14, Petersham 2049, attention to Khanh Tran
- Call or email Khanh Tran or Quinn Ritchie to given your feedback or request a paper submission form
- Call a FREE Interpreter or the National Relay Service, Monday to Friday between 9am-4pm and provide our phone number 02 9292 5131
- Free Interpreter call TIS National on 131 450
- Voice relay call 1300 555 727
- TTY call 133 677
- SMS relay call 0423 677 767
Last day to provide feedback is Sunday 15 May 2022.
This feedback form is closed.
Thanks to all who provided feedback.
What happens next?
All feedback will be considered before the plans are finalised. Council will consider the final documents at its meeting on Tuesday 14 June 2022 and decide whether to adopt them. Everyone who provides feedback will be notified of Council's decision.