At its meeting on Tuesday 21 November 2023 Council recommended an amendment to Section 8, “Order of Business” to include a Statement of Ethical Obligations to be read by the Mayor.
What is changing?
An ethical obligation statement will be added to the Code of Meeting Practice. The statement will be read at the beginning of each ordinary Council meeting by the Mayor.
Ethical obligations statement
“The Mayor and Councillors are bound by the Oath/Affirmation of Office made at the start of the Council term to undertake their civic duties in the best interests of the people of the Inner West Council and to faithfully and impartially carry out the functions, powers, authorities and discretions vested in them under the Local Government Act or any other Act, to the best of their skill and judgement.
It is also a requirement that the Mayor and Councillors disclose conflicts of interest in relation to items listed for consideration on the Agenda or which are considered at this meeting in accordance with Council’s Code of Conduct and Code of Meeting Practice”.
How to have your say?
You can provide feedback by:
- Completing the form below
- Emailing to email@example.com
- Posting to c/o George Georgakis, Inner West Council, Po Box 14, Petersham NSW 2029
- Calling us on 02 9392 5560
Other ways to provide feedback:
- Call a FREE Interpreter or the National Relay Service, Monday to Friday between 9am-4pm and provide our phone number 02 9392 5560.
- Free Interpreter call TIS National on 131 450
- Voice relay call 1300 555 727
- TTY call 133 677
- SMS relay call 0423 677 767
Last day to provide feedback is Sunday, 14 January 2024.
This consultation is closed. Thanks to all who provided feedback.
What happens next?
Following the public exhibition period and report will be prepared and brought back to Council for adoption. All those who provided feedback will be advised when the report will be considered by Council.