At its meeting on 25 October 2022 Council endorsed for public exhibition the draft Code of Conduct.
What is the Code of Conduct about?
The Code of Conduct outlines the expected behavioural standards for Councillors, Council Officials and Volunteers.
The Model Code of Conduct is prescribed to Council by the Office of Local Government in accordance with the Local Government Act 1993. Council is required to implement the Model Code of Conduct.
The amendment to the Model Code of Conduct section 6.8 – Personal Benefit is proposed to bring Council in line with the Office of Local Government’s Model Code of Conduct which sets the value or cumulative value of token/s gift at $100.
The formatting of section 5.24 – Other Business or Employment has been amended to clarify what types of outside work staff must not engage in.
Have your say
Complete the online form below to let us know what you think.
Other ways to provide feedback
- By mail, addressed to Senior Manager Governance and Risk, Inner West Council, PO Box 14, Petersham 2049.
- Call a FREE Interpreter or the National Relay Service, Monday to Friday between 9am-4pm and provide our phone number 02 9392 5589.
- Free Interpreter call TIS National on 131 450
- Voice relay call 1300 555 727
- TTY call 133 677
- SMS relay call 0423 677 767
- To request a paper copy of the proposed Code of Conduct and feedback form, please call Beau-Jane De Costa on 93925589.
Last day to provide feedback is Monday, 28 November 2022.
What happens next?
The feedback received will be collated and included in a report to Council which will be considered for adoption at the Council meeting in December 2022.