Council is improving bicycle routes across the Inner West. We want to make it safer, more convenient and enjoyable for people of all ages and abilities to ride a bike. One of the routes we’re planning to improve is the D3 Regional Cycleway from Iron Cove to the Anzac Bridge in Rozelle. The project is fully funded by the NSW Government and will increase safety for bike riders, pedestrians and motorists.
Previously, Council undertook an investigation, community engagement and concept design for a separated cycleway along Lilyfield Road. Council resolved not to proceed until a review and exploration of alternative options was conducted. Read more on the previous project page.
Process and timeline
Council has put together a three phase process to develop the new design, and will invite community input at each phase:
- Now: Phase 1 - Feasibility Report on options and one supplementary route
- Anticipated late 2019 : Phase 2 - Concept development
- Anticipated mid-2020: Phase 3 - Detailed design
Lilyfield Road Feasibility Report
Council has prepared a Feasibility Report containing options along Lilyfield Road and possible surface treatments to make riding safer. These options were informed by community engagement in 2018, new research and conversations with Bicycle User Groups.
- View map of Lilyfield Road sections
- View Lilyfield Road section 1 option
- View Lilyfield Road section 2 options
- View Lilyfield Road section 3 options
Supplementary Routes Feasibility Report
Council has also prepared a Supplementary Routes Feasibility Report which considers four possible route options for one supplementary route.
- View map of the Supplementary Routes
- View Supplementary Route option 1
- View Supplementary Route option 2
- View Supplementary Route option 3
- View Supplementary Route option 4
To provide feedback on the supplementary routes, click 'save and continue' to progress to page two of the feedback form. You can provide feedback on as many of the options as you like.
Drop-in information sessions
Attend a drop-in information session to find out more and ask questions:
- Wednesday, 4 September 2019 6.30pm - 8.30pm at Centurion Lounge, Leichhardt Oval, Mary Street Lilyfield.
- Saturday, 7 September 2019 2pm - 4pm on the pedestrian/cycleway bridge over Hawthorn Canal, Lilyfield Road, Lilyfield.
Please register your interest by contacting Stephen Joannidis, Urban Amenity Improvement Manager on 9392 5532 or by emailing email@example.com.
Have your say
Read the Lilyfield Road Feasibility Report containing options for each section and provide your comments using the form provided. You can also comment on the Supplementary Route Feasibility Report and route options.
The last day to provide comment is Wednesday 25 September 2019.
What happens next?
All comments gathered on Lilyfield Road and the supplementary options will be compiled into a report with recommendations on which options to move forward with. The report will be considered by Council’s Local Traffic Committee (LTC). The recommendations of the LTC will then be considered by Council for adoption in October 2019. Following Council’s decision, Phase two will commence including further community engagement.