Want to speak up about the issues affecting young people? We're looking for passionate individuals aged 12-24 to join the Young Leaders Working Group.
- Participate in a skill building program, designed by the members - learning how to be a key leader in the areas you’re passionate about
- Represent Inner West young people locally on issues like live music, climate change, sustainability, cycling, sports, the arts, libraries and youth services - directly influence Inner West Councillors on things that matter to you
- Work on the activities you want to see happen during Inner West National Youth Week 2021
- Create new connections and friendships with other inspiring young people
Young people will be tomorrow’s change makers, campaigners, legislators and advocates - start with the Inner West Young Leaders Working Group.
Hear how current members make a difference
- Be aged between 12 and 24 years
- Live, work, attend school or identify with the Inner West Community
- Have some knowledge and understanding of the needs and issues affecting a diverse range of young people
- Possess Skills, interests, experiences and/or knowledge of young people around their community and beyond
- Would be interested to contribute to the working group
- Have other relevant experiences which would be useful for the working group
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Complete the online application form.
We want to make sure everyone has the opportunity to participate. If you need assistance, such as a paper form call Charlie Coorey on 9335 2156. You can also contact us via a FREE Interpreter or the National Relay Service. Call us Monday to Friday, 9am-4pm on 9335 2156
- For a free interpreter call via TIS National on 131 450
- For voice relay call 1300 555 727
- TTY call 133 677 S
- MS relay call 0423 677 767
Applications close 11:59pm Sunday, 7 March 2021.
Come and try session
Curious about applying but not sure if it’s right for you?
Join us for an evening focussed on planning for National Youth Week 2021. Attendees can hear what is planned so far, provide feedback and influence the remaining program of activities. National Youth Week is an annual festival that happens in April to celebrate young people.
When 6-8pm Thursday, 18 February 2021
Where: Ashfield Service Centre
What happens next?
Applications will be assessed by a selection panel of Council's staff. All applicants will be notified of the outcome.