The Victoria Road Precinct Planning Proposal was approved by the gazettal of an amendment to Marrickville Local Environmental Plan (MLEP) 2011 on 1 December 2017.
As part of that gazettal a Development Control Plan (in the form of an amendment to the Marrickville Development Control Plan (MDCP) 2011) is required that addresses the matters detailed below.
At its meeting on 24 April 2018, Council considered a report on a draft amendment to Part 9.47 – Victoria Road Precinct of the Marrickville Development Control Plan (MDCP) 2011 and resolved to put it on public exhibition for community comment.
Details of the DCP Amendment
The draft DCP amendment provides more detailed provisions and controls for the precinct (in line with the gazetted amendments to the MLEP) for the following matters:
- the upgrading of road networks and intersections on the land and surrounding areas,
- transport connections on the land and within surrounding areas (including the layout of laneways, bicycle routes and other connections),
- the protection of items and areas of heritage significance,
- the management and mitigation of the impact of existing industrial development in the surrounding areas on the amenity of proposed residential development on the land,
- the impacts of the development on the surrounding residential and industrial areas and the amenity of the neighbourhood,
- the mitigation of aircraft noise (including through building design and the use of appropriate building materials),
- the management of drainage and flood risks,
- a network of active and passive recreation areas,
- the protection of public open spaces (including from overshadowing).
Hard copy information on the planning proposal can also be viewed at:
Council’s Petersham Service Centre: 2-14 Fisher Street, Petersham, 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
Council’s Ashfield Service Centre: 260 Liverpool Road, Ashfield, 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
Have your say
- Using the form below
- by post, addressed to The Interim General Manager, Inner West Council, 2-14 Fisher Street, Petersham 2019. Please mark your submission 18/SF266.
Submissions close at 5.00pm on Tuesday 5 June 2018.
Note : As the planning proposal for the Victoria Road Precinct has been approved by NSW Government, Council is only seeking specific comment on the DCP amendment which provides more detailed provisions and controls for the precinct.
For any enquiries, please contact Councils Strategic Planning team on 9392 5064 and ask to speak to an officer regarding the Victoria Road Development Control Plan.
Anyone who wishes to discuss the Planning Proposal in person can do so by visiting the Strategic Planning Unit at Council’s Ashfield Service Centre - 260 Liverpool Road, Ashfield.