Where would this change apply?

The draft amendment will apply to cafes, restaurants and small bars operating in the B2 Local Centre zone of the former Leichhardt Council LGA

Does this mean I can change my operating conditions, for example operating hours and patron capacity?

The cafĂ©, restaurant or small bar must operate within the conditions of their existing consents (such as the approved operating hours and plan of management). If the business wishes to make any changes to the existing development consent, a development application or modification form must be lodged with Council for assessment. 

Does this mean I can operate a small bar without a liquor licence?

All small bars must operate with a  Small Bar Liquor Licence from the NSW Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing (OLGR) under the Liquor Act 2007. 

What if I have an existing liquor licence other than a small bar liquor licence?

A business must acquire a small bar liquor licence to be applicable to the clause, if any other type of liquor licence is obtained the premises would not be classified as a 'small bar' and the draft clause would not apply.