Inner West Council and Marrickville Metro Shopping Centre Pty Limited (as Trustee for the Marrickville Metro Trust) are proposing to enter into a Voluntary Planning Agreement which would take effect on the date it is executed by both parties.
The Voluntary Planning Agreement is in relation to an extension to the existing Marrickville Metro Shopping Centre to include an additional level of retail floorspace with an additional level of parking above, construction of a new building comprising two levels of retail with two levels of parking above (13-55 Edinburgh Road).
The redevelopment was approved as a Part 3A Major Project Approval issued by the Department of Planning and Environment (DPE) in March 2012.
What is a Voluntary Planning Agreement?
A voluntary planning agreement (VPA) is an agreement entered into by a planning authority (such as Inner West Council) and a developer. Under the agreement a developer agrees to provide or fund community benefits such as public amenities, public services, affordable housing, transport or other infrastructure.
Key features of the Voluntary Planning Agreement
- The developer is to provide Inner West Council with a monetary contribution of $600,000 for the upgrade of the local shopping strip with the Inner West Council Local Government Area in accordance with the Council’s Urban Centres Program
- The developer is to provide Inner West Council with a monetary contribution of $600,000 for the upgrade of local shopping strips - Community facilities- to be directed to a Council capital works fund or program to be used for the development of new community facilities or extensions to existing facilities with the Inner West Council Local Government
All information relating to these matters can also be viewed in hardcopy at:
- Council’s Administrative Centre: 7-15 Wetherill Street, Leichhardt
- Council’s Administrative Centre 2-14 Fisher Street, Petersham
Have your say
- Using the online form below
- By mail - addressed to Rik Hart, General Manager, Inner West Council, PO Box 45, Leichhardt NSW 2040.
Submissions close at 5pm on Tuesday 27 March 2018
What happens next?
After the exhibition closes, the submissions will be reported to Council which will determine whether or not to enter into the Voluntary Planning Agreement. Anyone who makes a submission will be contacted to advise of the Council meeting.