Inner West Council and Eye Drive Sydney are proposing to enter into a Voluntary Planning Agreement.
The Voluntary Planning Agreement relates to the modification of a development consent for the display of advertising signage on Glebe Island Silos, White Bay. The agreement proposes to:
- Extend the consent for additional four year term until April 2022
- Amend the description of the development to remove the word 'temporary'
What is a Voluntary Planning Agreement?
A voluntary planning agreement (VPA) is an agreement entered into by a planning authority (such as Inner West Council) and a corporation. Under the agreement the corporation agrees to provide or fund community benefits such local heritage funding.
Key feature of the Voluntary Planning Agreement
- The corporation Eye Drive Sydney will provide a monetary contribution of $125,000 per year over the four year consent duration for local heritage funding.
Information relating to this matter can also be viewed in hard copy at:
- Council’s Service Centre: 7-15 Wetherill Street, Leichhardt
- Council’s Service Centre 2-14 Fisher Street, Petersham
Have your say
- Using the online form below
- By mail - addressed to Rik Hart, General Manager, Inner West Council, PO Box 49, Petersham NSW 2049.
Submissions close on Sunday 4 November 2018 at 5:00pm.
What happens next?
After the exhibition closes, the submissions will be reported to Council which will determine whether or not to enter into the Voluntary Planning Agreement. Anyone who makes a submission will be contacted to advise of the Council meeting.