Inner West Council and Eye Drive Sydney are proposing to enter into a Voluntary Planning Agreement.
The Voluntary Planning Agreement relates to the modification of a development consent for the display of advertising signage on Glebe Island Silos, White Bay. The agreement proposes to:
- Extend the consent for additional four year term until April 2022
- Amend the description of the development to remove the word 'temporary'
What is a Voluntary Planning Agreement?
A voluntary planning agreement (VPA) is an agreement entered into by a planning authority (such as Inner West Council) and a corporation. Under the agreement the corporation agrees to provide or fund community benefits such local heritage funding.
Key feature of the Voluntary Planning Agreement
- The corporation Eye Drive Sydney will provide a monetary contribution of $125,000 per year over the four year consent duration for local heritage funding.
Download the VPA document here
Information relating to this matter can also be viewed in hard copy at:
- Council’s Service Centre: 7-15 Wetherill Street, Leichhardt
- Council’s Service Centre 2-14 Fisher Street, Petersham
Have your say
- Using the online form below
- By mail - addressed to Rik Hart, General Manager, Inner West Council, PO Box 49, Petersham NSW 2049.
Submissions close on Sunday 4 November 2018 at 5:00pm.
What happens next?
After the exhibition closes, the submissions will be reported to Council which will determine whether or not to enter into the Voluntary Planning Agreement. Anyone who makes a submission will be contacted to advise of the Council meeting.