Inner West Council and The Uniting Church in Australia Property Trust (NSW) on behalf of Uniting (NSW. ACT) are proposing to enter into a Voluntary Planning Agreement which would take effect on the date it is executed by both parties.
The Voluntary Planning Agreement is in relation to the redevelopment of Annesley House at 15-17 Marion Street, Leichhardt. The redevelopment will provide a seniors housing development including affordable residential units that fits with the character of Leichhardt town centre. The VPA sets out some conditions for the redevelopment including the percentage of affordable units. Find more information about the planning proposal for this redevelopment
What is a Voluntary Planning Agreement?
A voluntary planning agreement (VPA) is an agreement entered into by a planning authority (such as Inner West Council) and a developer. Under the agreement a developer agrees to provide or fund community benefits such as public amenities, public services, affordable housing, transport or other infrastructure.
Key features of the Voluntary Planning Agreement
- Require the increased development capacity of the site to be only available for a seniors housing development with 15% of dwellings to be ‘affordable places’ under the State Environmental Planning Policy (Housing for Seniors or People with a Disability) 2004
All information relating to these matters can also be viewed in hardcopy at:
- Council’s Administrative Centre: 7-15 Wetherill Street, Leichhardt
- Council’s Administrative Centre 2-14 Fisher Street, Petersham
Have your say
- Using the online form below
- By mail - addressed to Rik Hart, General Manager, Inner West Council, PO Box 45, Leichhardt NSW 2040.
Submissions close at 5pm on Tuesday 24 April 2018
Please contact Bojan Sodic Strategic Investment Manager on 9392 5839 or email@example.com
What happens next?
After the exhibition closes, the submissions will be reported to Council which will determine whether or not to enter into the Voluntary Planning Agreement. Anyone who makes a submission will be contacted to advise of the Council meeting.