Council is at the preliminary stage of considering an application to change the current planning controls for this land. This proposal to rezone would allow new development to occur.
Key features of the preliminary planning proposal on public exhibition
- to rezone the western portion (adjacent to The Avenue) from R2 Low Density Residential to B4 Mixed Use
- to create approximately 285 apartment dwellings
- to apply ‘Area 1’ to the Height of Building Map for the land. This allows a 7m height bonus for residential flat top buildings and shop top housing developments under certain circumstances
- to increase the maximum floor space ratio to 3:1 across the entire site (the eastern portion of the site adjacent to Cavill Ave currently has a floor space ratio control of 2:1
- to implement a site specific exemption to Clause 4.3(2A) and Clause 4.3B(3) of the Ashfield LEP 2013 allowing for greater building height under certain circumstances
by amending the Ashfield Local Environmental Plan.
View the information
Hard copies of these documents are also available
- Ashfield Library, 260 Liverpool Road, Ashfield NSW 2131
Have your say
- online using the form below
- by post, addressed to The Interim General Manager, Inner West Council, 260 Liverpool Road, Ashfield NSW 213. Please mark your submission Ref: SC 1483.
Submissions close at 5pm on Tuesday 28 February 2017.
What happens next?
After the exhibition closes, your feedback will be reported to Council which will determine whether or not to progress the planning proposal to the Department of Planning & Environment for Gateway determination. If the planning proposal is approved by DP&E at Gateway determination stage, the proposal will again be publicly exhibited for community comment.