Proposed changes to the current planning controls for this block will rezone land to allow new development to occur. The preliminary Planning Proposal covers an area bounded by Parramatta Road, Ormond Street, Gower Street, Tideswell Street, and parts of Liverpool Road, Ashfield.
Key features of the preliminary planning proposal on public exhibition
- Allow shop top housing over the lots fronting Parramatta Road currently zoned B6 – Enterprise Corridor
- To create approximately 515 dwellings
- Rezone the land currently zoned R3 - Medium Density Residential to R1 - General Residential
- To increase the maximum building heights of specific sites – increase ranging from 14m to 55m
- To increase the floor space ratios of specific sites - increase ranging from 2.3:1 to 4.2:1
By amending the Ashfield Local Environmental Plan.
- Where did this preliminary planning proposal originate?
The proponent (initiator) of the planning proposal is an independent party.
- What is Council’s role in the preliminary planning proposal?
Council has the role of determining whether it wishes to support the proposal and progress it onto the next stage or not.
View the Preliminary Planning Proposal information
Hard copy information is available at
- Ashfield Library, 260 Liverpool Road, Ashfield NSW 2131
Have your say
- online using the form below
- by post, addressed to The Interim General Manager, Inner West Council, 260 Liverpool Road, Ashfield NSW 213. Please mark your submission Ref: SC 1542
Submissions close at 5pm on Tuesday 30 January 2018.
What happens next
After the exhibition closes, your feedback will be reported to Council to determine whether to progress the proposal to the Department of Planning & Environment for Gateway Determination. If the planning proposal is approved by DP&E at Gateway stage, it will again be publicly exhibited for further community comment.