Council is proposing to change the planning controls to protect employment lands by limiting residential development in the B7 Business Park zone and on certain other business zoned land. This proposal would amend the MLEP (Marrickville Local Environmental Plan)
Key features of the planning proposal on public exhibition
- To protect employment land and support the viability of commercial activities in the B7 Business Park zone and on other business zoned land
- To refine the provisions relating to dwellings and residential flat buildings in the B7 Business Park zone in Clause 6.13 of MLEP 2011 relating to the objective of clause
- To incorporate a provision in MLEP 2011 limiting the extent of residential accommodation permitted in mixed use developments in certain land identified on the Key Sites Maps and in certain Masterplan Areas under Marrickville Development Control Plan 2011
Hard copy information is available at
- Petersham Service Centre, 2-14 Fisher Street, Petersham
Have your say
- Online using the form below
- By post, addressed to The Interim General Manager, Inner West Council, 2-14 Fisher Street, Petersham 2019. Please mark your submission 17/SF135
Submissions close at 5.00pm on Friday 24 March 2017
- Contact Peter Wotton, Strategic Planning Projects Coordinator, Marrickville on 9335 2260 firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Jamie Erken, Team Leader Strategic Planning, Marrickville on 9335 2011 email@example.com.
The NSW Minister of Planning & Environment has delegated the making of the Plan to Council.