In response to a development application (DA) to demolish a house at 73 The Boulevarde, Dulwich Hill (Lot 1 DP 301656) Council recommended that an interim heritage order be placed on the property. This came into effect on 23 March 2018. At its meeting on 28 August 2018, Council resolved to include it and the adjoining house at 73A The Boulevarde as items of local heritage significance and refer the matter in a planning proposal to the Department of Planning & Environment for Gateway determination.
This was granted and the planning proposal and supporting documents are now on public exhibition for community consultation.
Purpose of the planning proposal
To list the properties 73 The Boulevarde and 73A The Boulevarde, Dulwich Hill as items of local heritage significance under Marrickville Local Environmental Plan 2011.
What is Council’s role in the planning proposal?
- Inner West Council is the proponent (initiator) of the planning proposal
- The Department of Planning and Environment (DP&E) issued a Gateway determination for this planning proposal, dated 7 November 2018, requiring community engagement for the proposed LEP amendment. This means the DP&E have assessed the planning proposal and decided it has sufficient strategic merit to proceed to public exhibition.
- Council is the Planning Proposal Authority. This means it is the body appointed to prepare and exhibit this planning proposal for community comment.
- Council has not been 'delegated to make the plan' by the DP&E which means DPE is the decision making body in this case.
View the information
All information relating to these matters can also be viewed in hardcopy at:
Council's Petersham Service Centre: 2-14 Fisher Street, Petersham, 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
Have your say
- online using the form below
- by post, addressed to The Interim General Manager, Inner West Council, Petersham Service Centre, 2-14 Fisher Street, Petersham 2049. Please mark your submission Ref:18/SF741
Submissions close at 5pm Tuesday 18 December 2018.
What happens next
After the exhibition closes, your feedback will be reported to Council which will determine whether or not to progress the planning proposal to the final stages of the process which leads to amending the Marrickville LEP 2011. Anyone who makes a submission will be contacted to advise of the Council meeting.
Please contact Gibran Khouri, Strategic Planner on 9392 5249 or email email@example.com