At its meeting on 28 February 2017 Council resolved to exhibit a planning proposal to extend the Annandale Conservation Area (C1) under Leichhardt LEP 2013.
Purpose of the planning proposal
- to preserve the characteristics which reflect the heritage significance of the existing conservation area
- to ensure that buildings/structures which contribute to the landform and history of Annandale cannot be demolished
What is Council’s role in the planning proposal?
- Inner West Council is the proponent (initiator) of the planning proposal
- The Department of Planning and Environment (DP&E) issued a Gateway determination for this planning proposal, dated 18 October 2017, requiring community engagement for the proposed LEP amendment. This means the DP&E have assessed the planning proposal and decided it has sufficient merit to proceed to public exhibition.
- Council is the Relevant Planning Authority (RPA). This means it is the body appointed to administer this community engagement.
- Council has also been 'delegated to make the plan' by the DP&E which means it is the final decision making body in this case.
View the information
All information relating to these matters can also be viewed in hardcopy at:
Council’s Leichhardt Service Centre: 7 - 15 Wetherill Street, Leichhardt, 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
Have your say
- online using the form below
- by post, addressed to General Manager, Inner West Council, Petersham Service Centre, 2-14 Fisher Street, Petersham 2049. Please mark your submission Annandale Conservation Area Planning Proposal
Submissions close at 5pm on Tuesday 24 July 2018.
What happens next
After the exhibition closes, your feedback will be reported to Council which will determine whether or not to progress the planning proposal to the final stages of the process which leads to amending the Leichhardt LEP 2013. Anyone who makes a submission will be contacted to advise of the Council meeting.
Please contact Steve Roseland, Senior Strategic Planner on 9392 5279
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.