The planning proposal, referred to as MLEP 2011 (Amendment No. 4), seeks to make a number of amendments (changes) to Marrickville Local Environmental Plan 2011. The planning proposal contains a total of 207 proposed amendments. Note - this only applies to land in the former Marrickville Council local government area.
Purpose of the planning proposal
- The proposed amendments are primarily housekeeping matters that seek to correct errors, mapping anomalies, inconsistencies and omissions, and proposed amendments to improve communication in the Plan
- Other amendments include:
a) The proposed rezoning of land on the eastern side of Bridge Road, Stanmore from IN2 Light Industrial to B5 Business Development;
b) The proposed rezoning of certain land required, or no longer required, for public purposes;
c) The proposed listing of 2 new heritage items and the proposed listing of 32 archaeological sites; and
d) Proposed amendments to the floor space ratio and/or height of building controls that apply to certain land.
Navigating the planning proposal documents
Each amendment is listed as a separate recommendation.
Information on how recommendations are labelled and other useful explanations are in the FAQ section
The hard copy planning proposal documents can be viewed at:
- Council's Petersham Service Centre: 2-14 Fisher Street, Petersham, 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
- Council's Ashfield Service Centre: 260 Liverpool Road, Ashfield, 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
Have your say
- Using the online form below
- By post addressed to General Manager, Inner West Council, 2-14 Fisher Street, Petersham 2019. Please mark your submission 17/SF2912.
Submissions close at 5.00pm on Tuesday 15 May 2018.
What happens next?
After the exhibition closes, your feedback will be reported to Council which will determine whether or not to further progress the planning proposal to the final stage of the process which leads to amending the Marrickville LEP 2011. Anyone who makes a submission will be notified of the Council meeting.
Please contact Peter Wotton, Strategic Planning Projects Coordinator on 9335 2260 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anyone who wishes to discuss the Planning Proposal in person can do so by visiting the Strategic Planning Unit at Council's Ashfield Service Centre - 260 Liverpool Road, Ashfield.
The Department of Planning and Environment issued a Gateway determination, dated 25 October 2017, requiring community consultation for the proposed LEP amendment. The NSW Minister of Planning and Environment has delegated the making of the Plan to Council. That means that Council is the final decision body for this planning proposal.