Proposed changes to the current planning controls in the Marrickville Local Environmental Plan 2011 for the three sites will allow new development to occur and facilitate the relocation of Petersham RSL Club. The sites are:
- 3-7 Regent Street;
- 13-17 Regent Street;
- 287-309 Trafalgar Street & 16-20 Fisher Street
Key features of the planning proposal on public exhibition
- To allow ‘registered club’ as an additional permitted use for 287-309 Trafalgar Street.
- To remove ‘registered club’ as an additional permitted use from 16-20 Fisher Street.
- To create approximately 356 apartment dwellings.
- To provide 150 car spaces for the RSL Club on Site 3 while safeguarding an appropriate floor space ratio.
- To increase the building heights and floor space ratios on all three sites (see table below) within the existing R4 High Density Residential zone
by amending the Marrickville LEP 2011
|Site||Address||Height change in metres||Floor Space Ratio||Currently on site|
|Site 1||3-7 Regent Street||From 23 metres to 29 metres||No change||Existing Petersham RSL Club premises|
|Site 2||13-17 Regent Street||From 17 metres to 20 metres||From 1.8:1 to 2.1:1||RSL Club car park|
|Site 3||287-309 Trafalgar Street||From 20-26 metres to|
|From 2.3:1 to 3.4:1||RSL Club car park and 3 vacant factory buildings|
|16-20 Fisher Street||3 x 3 storey attached dwellings|
- Where did this planning proposal originate?
The proponent (initiator) of the planning proposal is an independent party.
- What is Council’s role in the planning proposal?
Council is the Relevant Planning Authority (RPA). This means it is the body appointed to administrate the PP through the LEP making process. Council has also been 'delegated to make the plan' which means it is the final decision making body in this case.
View the information
Hard copy information is available at Petersham Service Centre, 2-14 Fisher Street, Petersham 2049.
Have your say
- online using the form below
- by post, addressed to The Interim General Manager, Inner West Council, Petersham Service Centre, 2-14 Fisher Street, Petersham 2049. Please mark your submission SF/2809.
Submissions close at 5pm on Tuesday 30 January 2018.