Council approves planning proposal
Council considered a report including the community's feedback at its meeting on 26 March 2018. At the meeting Council resolved to:
- Amend the Ashfield Local Environmental Plan (LEP) 2013 for 120C Old Canterbury Road, Summer Hill, as indicated in the report, in terms of recommendation (3) below;
- Liaise the the Department of Planning and Environment (DPE) and Parliamentary Counsel's Office to draft and finalise the LEP Amendment;
- Finalise the post-exhibited Voluntary Agreement with the Proponent in accordance with the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979;
- Follow the completion of (3) the VPA, request DPE to notify the Plan;
- Adopt the site specific amendments for 120C Old Canterbury Road, Summer Hill in the "Inner West Comprehensive Development Control Plan (DCP) 2016 for Ashbury, Ashfield, Croydon, Croydon Park, Haberfield, Hurlstone Park and Summer Hill" recommended in the report; and
- Delegate the making of LEP amendments and the adoption of the amended site specific DCP as indicated in this report to the Group Manager of Strategic Planning.
- Note the concerns of the neighbouring residents and users of the childcare centre in relation to construction impacts, traffic, parking and overshadowing and solar access, noting that it is constrained in its ability to refuse the planning proposal in its current form on the basis of these concerns, and attempt to address these concerns at the DA stage; and
- Write to the Minister for Transport to re-emphasis the urgent need for additional light rail services in the area, which are already at capacity during peak times.