Council considers preliminary stage planning proposal
Council considered a report about the planning proposal for 120c Canterbury Road, Summer Hill, at a meeting on 25 July 2017. The report included the community's feedback and recommendations from Council officers. At the meeting it was determined that:
- The Planning Proposal be amended to Council’s satisfaction addressing the recommendations outlined in this report, including a Maximum Height of Building equating to 6 storeys relative to Old Canterbury Road and a reduced Maximum Floor Space Ratio;
- Council authorises the Interim General Manager to be Council’s delegate and use “the Authority” for the processing of the Planning Proposal as outlined in this report;
- On satisfactory completion of Resolution 1 and 2, the Planning Proposal be referred pursuant to Section 56 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 (the Act) seeking a Gateway Determination and for Council to be the Relevant Planning Authority, and requesting the studies identified in the report be produced;
- Council develop a site specific Draft Development Control Plan as outlined in this report and exhibit it concurrently with the Planning Proposal; and
- Upon receipt of the Gateway Determination the Planning Proposal and Draft DCP be put on public exhibition pursuant to the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 (the Act).
- Council write to the NSW Roads and Maritime Service and request that an area wide traffic network analysis be prepared for the McGill Street precinct and surrounds to determine local area traffic management opportunities that may be implemented to mitigate and better manage traffic impacts in this locality.