In 2017 Council engaged the community and considered a preliminary planning proposal for 120C Old Canterbury Road, Summer Hill, resolving to support and progress it to next stages. For more information see news items below.
The Greater Sydney Commission issued a Gateway determination and Council has been given delegation as the Planning Proposal Authority for the making of the LEP.
The planning proposal is now on public exhibition and Council seeks community comments.
Key features of the planning proposal on public exhibition
Proposed changes to the current planning controls for this land in the Ashfield Local Environmental Plan (LEP) 2013 will:
- rezone the western portion of land from SP2 Infrastructure to B4 Mixed Use to make it consistent with the zoning on the eastern portion
- increase the maximum height of building to RL38.0 (6 storeys above Old Canterbury Road)
- increase maximum floor space ratio for the land from 1:1 to 2.5:1
Amendment to Comprehensive Inner West Development Control Plan (DCP) 2016 for Ashbury, Ashfield, Croydon, Croydon Park, Haberfield, Hurlstone Park and Summer Hill
- adds Section 2 - Chapter D, Part 12 - 120C Old Canterbury Road Summer Hill
View the documents here
All information relating to these matters can also be viewed in hardcopy at:
- Ashfield Service Centre, 260 Liverpool Road, Ashfield NSW 2131
Have your say
- Using the online form below
- By post – addressed to General Manager, Inner West Council, 260 Liverpool Road, Ashfield NSW 2131. Please mark your submission Ref: SC 1483
Submissions close on 13 November 2018 at 5:00pm.
If you wish to discuss the Planning Proposal in person visit the Strategic Planning Unit at Council’s Ashfield Service Centre 260 Liverpool Road, Ashfield.
What happens next
- After the exhibition closes, your feedback will be reported to Council which will determine whether or not to progress the planning proposal to the final stage of the process which leads to amending the Ashfield LEP 2013. Anyone who makes a submission will be notified of the Council meeting.
If you have any questions, please contact Con Colot on 9392 5977 or Aleksandar Kresovic on 9392 5689.