Council decides on Plan of Management for Marrickville Parklands
At its meeting on 22 September 2020 Council considered a report and made the following decisions:
- Council maintain an 18 hole golf course and revise the Draft Plan of Management accordingly prior to referring its Crown land components (generally the area described as Riverside Park) to the Minister for Water, Housing and Property for owners consent;
- The revised Plan of Management highlight the environment, safety and community benefits that can be achieved while maintaining an 18 hole golf course;
- Council commit to working with the Marrickville Golf, Sporting and Community Club on grant opportunities which will assist the club with environmentally sustainable water supply for greens and fairway watering;
- Council note that on receipt of owner’s consent by the Minister the Draft Plan will be exhibited for 28 days and brought back to Council for adoption;
- Council investigate the potential benefits of a bridge to Gough Whitlam Park:
- Council in principle support for a 21 year lease: and
- Council to conduct a safety audit as part of the Plan of Management of the public walking paths through the golf course to determine if safety treatments are needed.
When the plan is finalised to reflect the above changes it will be available on Council website.