We want our parks to be safe and welcoming places for everyone. With this mind, Council is looking for your input on the fairest way to achieve this for Whites Creek Valley Park.
We’ve been listening
Recent changes to the dog off-leash areas to improve accessibility have prompted people to get in touch. You’ve told us the way the park is used is important to you, and we’ve had varying perspectives on this.
After careful review of the companion animal restrictions in this area of the park and the feedback given to us by many local residents, Council has suggested a compromise be adopted.
The new dog off-leash area proposal
To balance the needs of all park users, Council is suggesting re-instating the large open space section of Whites Creek Valley Park between Piper Street to Brenan Street as off-leash for dog walkers. While the pathway adjacent to this area (which runs north to Brenan Street) remains as an on-leash walkway.
Have your say
Do you support this proposal? Let us know:
- Online by filling in the feedback form
- Emailing Mandy Smith, Coordinator Park Planning email@example.com or calling on 02 9392 5635
- By mail, addressed to Inner West Council, PO Box 14, Petersham 2049, attention to Mandy Smith, Coordinator Parks Planning.
- Call a FREE Interpreter or the National Relay Service, Monday to Friday between 9am-4pm and provide our phone number 02 92935635.
- Free Interpreter call TIS National on 131 450
- Voice relay call 1300 555 727
- SMS relay call 0423 677 767
Final day for comments is Friday, 18 June 2021.
What happens next?
Feedback will be reviewed and considered before Council makes its decision. An Engagement Outcomes Report will be published to this page. Everyone who provides feedback will receive an update when this goes to Council for a decision.