Lewis Herman Reserve is a large parcel of land in Holden Street, Ashfield, it has been unused and fenced off for some time. Thanks to funding from the NSW Government's Public Spaces Legacy Program we are now ready to turn it into a new park. We would like the Reserve to become a unique playful space for our community to take a break, come together, meet with friends in an outdoor space inspired by bringing more fun and play into your daily lives.
What is a unique playful space?
That's a great question, and one we want to ask you. We'd like you to help shape the details of this unique space and challenge us all to think outside the box. Let's make Lewis Herman Reserve a space that is not a traditional park, but a space that brings fun, play, exploration and wonder to your day as you meet with friends and take break. The following collection of images will help stimulate your creativity.
Your feedback will helps us design the new park and will inform the draft Plan of Management (PoM). A Plan of Management guides how Council looks after the space for the next ten years.
Have your say
- Pop your suggestions on the ideas wall
- Come to a community information session and chat to the project team at Lewis Herman Reserve, Holden Street, Ashfield.
- Saturday 27 November between 10am-12noon
- Contact us via a phone or email
- Call us via a FREE Interpreter or the National Relay Service Monday to Friday 9am-4pm. Provide this phone number 02 93925473
- For a free interpreter call via TIS National on 131450
- For voice relay call 1300 555727
- TTY call 133 677
- SMS relay call 0423 677 767
Comments close Wednesday 15 December 2021
What happens next?
Everyone who provides feedback will be notified when the Engagement Outcomes Report is uploaded and when the draft Plan of Management is place on public exhibition for the community to comment. The final park design will be uploaded to this page.