King George Park is one of the Inner West’s most popular sporting grounds used throughout the year by thousands of locals taking part in organised soccer, rugby league or little athletics. It is loved by the broader community for recreational use as part of the Bay Run.
In January 2020 Transport for NSW (TfNSW) compulsorily acquired land at King George Park to be used for the construction of WestConnex. Council negotiated for the land to be reinstated to its previous condition and secured additional funding for the park.
We have allocated $3.91m for the project including compensation funding of $2.875m received from TfNSW. Investment in recreation and sporting facilities for people of all ages in the Inner West is an important part of our plan to build a healthier and happier local community.
The upgrade works are in line with the King George park draft Plan of Management (POM) and Master Plan.
The focus of this upgrade is on:
- Upgrading the sporting ground including regrading, new sub-surface drainage, new irrigation heads and new turf
- Upgrading the sports lighting to meet current standards
- Upgrading the carpark
- Developing a new sports equipment storage facility
- Refurbishing the long jump pit
View the proposed plan
What's not in scope?
- Amenities block
- Bay Run pathway
Have your say
We have developed concept designs for this upgrade based on the King George Park Plan of Management. We want your feedback on the concept designs before we progress to the detailed design of the park. Let us know if we're on the right track!
- Complete the survey
- Meet the project team at an onsite pop-up consultation
- King George Park, Manning St Rozelle - near the amenities block
- Saturday 14 May, 2pm
- Contact the project lead directly: Bill Pearce on 02 9392 5445 or email email@example.com
To receive information or provide feedback in another format, call us Monday to Friday, 9am-4pm via free community services. You will need to provide the project lead's phone number: 02 9392 5445.
- For a free interpreter service call us via TIS National on 13 14 50
- If you have a hearing or speech impairment contact us via the National Relay Service:
- Voice Relay number: 1300 555 727
- TTY number: 133 677
- SMS Relay number: 0423 677 767
Final day for comment is Monday 30 May 2022.
What happens next?
The project team will use your feedback and other information to develop the final design. Everyone who provides feedback will be updated via email and on this project page.