Council is proposing a new pedestrian crossing in Denman Avenue, outside the Haberfield Primary Public School. The project is part of a NSW Government $5 Million funding program for school zone safety improvements.
The proposed work includes:
- A raised pedestrian crossing, with kerb islands, kerb ramps and ‘Children Crossing’ signage located to the left hand side of the gate entrance to the school, east of Yasmar Avenue
- Removal of kerb ramps on both side of Denman Avenue at the corner of Yasmar Avenue and installation of fencing to make sure pedestrians use the crossing
- Floodlights for the crossing
- ‘No Stopping’ restrictions on both sides of the crossing
- Removal of the speed hump as this will be replaced by the raised pedestrian crossing
This proposal would result in the loss of approximately 4 parking spaces, 2 spaces to the north and 2 spaces to the south of the street for the required statutory “No Stopping” zones in Denman Avenue to accommodate the pedestrian crossing. Vehicle access to adjoining properties will remain.
Have your say
- Online using the form below
- By mail: Inner West Council, PO Box 1145, Ashfield, NSW 1800 (please use reference number SC491 if mailing your comments)
- In person: submit your comments to the Customer Service team at 260 Liverpool Road Ashfield 2131.
The last day to comment is 17 March 2017.
What happens next?
Council has not yet made any commitment to change the traffic arrangements in your street. A report, together with the community’s comments and this proposal, will be considered by Council’s Local Traffic Committee meeting on 6 April 2017. The Committee will make recommendations for Council to consider at its April meeting.
Council will notify everyone who provided comments of the final decision.
When is the work planned?
These works are expected to be built in the 2017/2018 financial year subject to outcome of this community engagement, final approvals and budget allocation. Residents will be notified before any work starts.
Please contact Mr Boris Muha on 9716 1800 or email email@example.com if you need further information about this proposal.