Council considered the Financial Report 2017-18 at its meeting on 30 October 2018 and is presenting the report for public comment.
Under the Local Government Act 1993 NSW, Council is required to prepare financial reports for each year. Public exhibition of those financial reports is also required under SEC 420 which states:
Submissions on financial reports and auditor's reports
(1) Any person may make submissions to the council with respect to the council's audited financial reports or with respect to the auditor's reports.
(2) A submission must be in writing and must be lodged with the council within 7 days after the date on which those reports are presented to the public.
(3) The council must ensure that copies of all submissions received by it are referred to the auditor.
(4) The council may take such action as it considers appropriate with respect to any such submission, including the giving of notice to the Departmental Chief Executive of any matter that appears to require amendment of the council's financial reports.
Have your say
You are invited to comment on the Financial Report 2017-18.
- Online, using the submission form below
- By mail, addressed to Inner West Council, PO Box 14, Petersham 2049. Please mark your submission 18/6435 Financial Report 2017-18 - public comment
Last day to provide feedback is Wednesday, 27 November 2018.
What happens next?
The Financial Report will be referred to Council for adoption, noting any comments received from the community during the public exhibition. All those who provided feedback will be advised when the report will be considered by Council.