Council has endorsed the public exhibition of the draft Sustainable Procurement policy.
About the policy
The policy outlines the principles that underpin the framework for purchasing goods and services to ensure Council obtains best value for money, whilst achieving legislative compliance, transparency, probity, and environmental and social sustainability. Council has developed the following principles to support a quadruple bottom line approach to achieving positive social, environmental , economic and civic leadership outcomes:
- Efficient and effective operation
- Value for money
- Legislative compliance
- Governance - probity, transparency and accountability
- Social sustainability with positive outcomes for the local community
- Sustainable outcomes along the whole supply chain
- Risk management
- Industrial relations
Have your say
Your are invited to provide feedback on the draft Sustainable Procurement policy.
- Online using the submission form below
- By mail, addressed to Inner West Council, PO Box 14, Petersham 2049. Please mark your submission 18/6251 draft Sustainable Procurement policy - Public Exhibition
Last day to provide feedback is Wednesday, 31 October 2018.
What happens next?
The feedback received will be incorporated into the final policy which will be considered by Council for adoption at a meeting. All those who provided feedback will be advised when the policy will be considered by Council.