About the policy
The policy outlines the Council's commitment to providing outstanding customer service to the community and sets out a complaints management framework.
The purpose of the policy is to:
- Handle complaints fairly, efficiently and effectively
- Enable Council to respond to customer complaints in a timely and cost-effective way
- Increase public confidence in Council's administrative processes
- Outline Council's management of unreasonable complainant conduct
- Outline the relevant external agencies for referral of serious breaches/complaints
- Provide information that can be used to deliver quality improvements in our services, staff conduct and complaints handling
Have your say
You are invited to provide feedback on the draft Complaints Handling policy.
- Online, using the submission form below
- By mail, addressed to Inner West Council, PO Box 14, Petersham 2049. Please mark your submission 14/5617 draft Complaints Handling policy - Public Exhibition
Last day to provide feedback is Wednesday, 9 November 2018.
What happens next?
The feedback received will be incorporated into the final policy which will be considered by Council for adoption at a meeting. All those who provided feedback will be advised when the policy will be considered by Council.