Council has endorsed the public exhibition of a draft policy to guide the marketing of Council's events, services, facilities and activities.
About the policy
The policy provides clear, consistent and transparent framework to guide the decision making and approval process for the use of flags, banners and temporary signage. The purpose of this policy is to:
- Protect and enhance the reputation of Council;
- Provide promotional and marketing support for activities aligned with Council's strategic plans;
- Keep the community informed about Council events, services and facilities;
- Support community organisations to have access to banners, flags and temporary signage for communication and promotion of their activities; and
- Establish a consistent approach to managing banners, flags and temporary signage.
Have your say
You are invited to provide feedback on the draft Banners, Flags and Temporary Signage Policy.
- Online, using the submission form below
- By mail, addressed to Inner West Council, PO Box 14, Petersham 2049. Please mark your submission 18/6385 draft Banners, Flags and Temporary Signage Policy - Public Exhibition
- In person, at Council’s customer Service Centres: Ashfield 260 Liverpool Rd, Leichhardt 7-15 Wetherill Street, Petersham 2-14 Fisher Street
Last day to provide feedback is Thursday, 23 August 2018.
What happens next?
The feedback received will be incorporated into the final policy which will be considered by Council for adoption. All those who provided feedback will be advised when the policy will be considered by Council.