Council has endorsed the public exhibition of the draft Asbestos Policy.
About the policy
Council has an important role in minimising exposure to asbestos, as far as is reasonably practicable for residents, public and workers.
The Asbestos Policy aims to outline:
- The role of Council and other organisations in managing asbesos
- Council's relevant regulatory powers
- Council's approach to dealing with naturally occurring asbestos, sites contaminated by asbestos, emergencies or incidents
- General advice for residents on renovating homes that may contain asbestos
- Council's development approval process for developments that may involve asbesto and conditions of consent
- Waste management and regulation procedures for asbestos waste in the Local Government Area
- Council's approach to managing asbestos containing materials in Council workplaces
- Source of further information
Have your say
You are invited to provide feedback on the draft Asbestos policy.
- Online, using the draft Asbestos policy submission form 18/6442
- By mail, addressed to Inner West Council, PO Box 14, Petersham 2049. Please mark your submission - Draft Asbestos Policy - Public Exhibition 18/6442
Last day to provide feedback is Sunday 3 March 2019.
What happens next?
The feedback received will be incorporated into the final policy which will be considered by Council for adoption at a meeting. All those who provided feedback will be advised when the policy will be considered by Council.