At its meeting on 20 July 2021 Council endorsed for public exhibition the reviewed and updated draft Complaints Handling Policy. The public exhibition is now open for community comment.
What is this policy about?
Inner West Council is committed to providing excellent customer service to the community. Council recognises the value of an effective framework for managing complaints. It's vital for capturing and responding to feedback and improving Council services.
Through its complaints handling process, Council aims to:
- handle complaints fairly, efficiently and effectively;
- enable Council to respond to issues raised by customers making complaints in a timely and cost-effective way;
- increase public confidence in Council’s administrative processes;
- outline Council’s management of unreasonable complainant conduct;
- outline the relevant external agencies for referral of serious breaches/ complaints; and
- provide information that can be used to deliver quality improvements in our services, staff conduct and complaint handling.
Read the draft Complaints Handling Policy.
Have your say
You are invited to provide feedback on the draft Complaints Handling policy:
- Online, by completing the feedback form.
- By mail, addressed to Acting Governance Manager, Inner West Council, PO Box 14, Petersham 2049.
- Call a FREE Interpreter or the National Relay Service, Monday to Friday between 9am-4pm and provide our phone number 02 9392 5536.
- Free Interpreter call TIS National on 131 450
- Voice relay call 1300 555 727
- TTY call 133 677
- SMS relay call 0423 677 767
- To request a paper copy of the policy and feedback form, please call Katherine Paixao on 02 9392 5536.
Last day to provide feedback is Monday, 30 August 2021.
What happens next?
The feedback received will be collated and included in a report to Council which we anticipate will be considered for adoption at the Council meeting in November 2021. All those who provided feedback will be advised when the policy will be considered by Council.