Council would like to know your views on the NSW Government's draft Companion Animal Management Plan (CAMP) for Callan Park to include them in its submission to the State Government. This plan has been prepared by Greater Sydney Parklands. If you would like to make a submission directly to the State Government please go to NSW Planning Portal
What's this plan about?
The CAMP provides direction on managing companion animals in Callan Park, including clearly identifying on- and off-leash areas for dogs and required infrastructure, amenities and experiences for dogs and their owners. The CAMP outlines principles and objectives that aim to balance the interests of all park users, including dogs and their owners, while minimising the potential for conflict between dogs and other park users and ensuring the safety of dogs, their owners and the broader community that uses and enjoys Callan Park.
The draft plan has three objectives:
- 3.1 Callan Park is a welcoming park for dogs and their owners
- 3.2 Protection of sites that are culturally significant for First Nations people, heritage and environmental areas, and wildlife habitats
- 3.3 Community education and awareness ensures all users can enjoy and share the spaces and amenities within Callan Park
Council wants to hear your views
We are seeking views from residents and visitors to Callan Park about the draft Companion Animal Action Plan. Summary of your comments will be included in the Inner West Council submission to the NSW Government on the draft Companion Animal Management Plan.
Have your say
What do you think of the draft plan? Give us your feedback:
- Online, by completing the CAMP feedback form.
- By mail, addressed to Jenny Nelson, Team Leader Companion Animal Services, Inner West Council, PO Box 14, Petersham 2049.
- Call a FREE Interpreter or the National Relay Service, Monday to Friday between 9am-4pm and provide our phone number 02 9392 5408.
- Free Interpreter call TIS National on 131 450
- Voice relay call 1300 555 727
- TTY call 133 677
- SMS relay call 0423 677 767
- To provide your comments over the phone, please call Jenny Nelson on 02 9392 5408.
You can also provide feedback or make a submission on the draft CAPM directly to the NSW Government on its Planning Portal
Last day to provide feedback is 9 February 2022.
What happens next?
We will include summary of community comments in our submission on the draft plan to NSW Government. Everyone who contributes will be kept informed of Council's progress on this matter.