Barclay Street carpark and reserve is getting an upgrade. The carpark and reserve will be improved and pedestrian access from Barclay Street to Sydenham Road will be made easier and safer. It is expected that the upgrade will be completed by the middle of 2018.
Included in the upgrade design
- Two accessible carparking spaces
- Footpath from Barclay Street to Sydenham Road
- Removal of fence between reserve and carpark
- Refurbished Barclay Street Reserve to include new planting, seating and a bin
- Bike parking
- Rain garden to treat storm water
Have your say
Council is requesting feedback on the design and will incorporate it in the final plan where possible
- Have your say using the form below
- Or by mail to Sam Sritharan, Inner West Council, Petersham Service Centre, 2-14 Fisher Street, Petersham, NSW 2049
Comments close Monday 24 April 2017.
What happens next
After the comment period is finished all feedback will be incorporated in the final design where possible. The final design will be posted in this project page and there'll be further notification when construction is about to start.
Also In the neighbourhood
Council's Planning Proposal to support the Sydenham Station Creative Hub is passed by State Government at Gateway.
Inner West Council resolved late last year to prepare a planning proposal and submit this to the Department of Planning and Environment for Gateway determination. Council’s proposal is for a change to the current IN1 General Industrial zone that would grow the area as a cultural precinct by protecting traditional industries, expanding creative industries, and adding food and drink premises to support live music.