The Balmain Precinct Local Area Traffic Management (LATM) plan is ready for community comment. At it's meeting on 11 April 2023 the Council endorsed the draft plan for public exhibition. The Balmain Precinct area is bounded by Victoria Road, Darling Street, Montague Street, Mullens Street and Robert Street.
How was the draft plan prepared?
- In late 2020 we asked you to share your knowledge and experiences about local safety and traffic issues
- We also conducted review of traffic volumes, vehicle speeds, heavy vehicles and inspected crash statistics in the area
- We have used information from ongoing correspondence from the community about issues in this area
Summary of the Balmain Precinct LATM plan
View the draft plan
The plan includes recommended traffic management treatments and changes across the Balmain Precinct. The draft plan proposes upgrades of existing crossings and installation of new pedestrian crossings, a new roundabout, kerb blisters and speed cushions. View the individual treatments below.
Download a copy of the draft plan
Where can I view a hard copy of this plan?
- Visit Leichardt Service Centre, 7-15 Wetherill Street, Leichhardt to view a hard copy
- Contact Jason Scoufis on 02 9392 5561
Have your say
Please complete the the survey below to provide feedback on the draft Balmain Precinct Local Area Traffic Management Plan.
To provide feedback you need to join and create an account or log in if you already have one.
To do this please click on the red Join button below and complete the form.
Once you have an account, you can complete the survey.
You may already have an account, in that case click on the white Log In button below.
Having issues signing up or login in? Please contact email@example.com.
We're committed to making sure everyone can provide feedback in the format that's right for them. You can still provide feedback via phone, post or email if you wish. However, each individual will only be counted once.
Other ways to provide feedback
- By mail, addressed to c/o Jason Scoufis Traffic and Parking Planner, Inner West Council, PO Box 14, Petersham 2049.
- Call a FREE Interpreter or the National Relay Service, Monday to Friday between 9am-4pm and provide our phone number 02 9392 5561.
- Free Interpreter call TIS National on 131 450
- Voice relay call 1300 555 727
- TTY call 133 677
- SMS relay call 0423 677 767
Last day to provide feedback is Monday 29 May 2023.
What happens next?
Your feedback will be reviewed by the project team and where relevant incorporated into the final Local Area Traffic Management (LATM) plan. The final LATM plan will be considered by the Local Traffic Committee which will make recommendations to elected Council. The Council will decide to either adopt the draft plan as exhibited; adopt the plan with changes; or not adopt the plan. Everyone who provides feedback will be notified when the plan is being considered by Council.