Council is seeking your ideas and suggestions for improvements at Arlington Reserve to complement the current retaining wall, seating and path upgrade.
In 2009, Marrickville Council carried out community consultation for the Arlington Reserve Draft Improvement Plan. These consultations resulted in the upgrade of the turf sports field, fencing of the field warm-up areas and the installation of player’s shelters.
Funding of $245,000 is currently allocated for:
- Upgrade and repair of the seating/retaining walls and adjoining path;
- Planting the steep embankment to reduce hazardous mowing; and
- Replacement of unhealthy trees.
Download the Arlington Reserve Revised Concept Plan showing the proposed retaining wall and embankment works.
A further $200,000 has been allocated for additional improvements and repairs. A number of possible works have been identified and your preferences, comments and further ideas are sought.
To provide your feedback on the improvements:
- Make your submission by ranking your preferences and/or telling us your ideas and comments;
- Join the discussion forum; and/or
- Attend the informal information session in the park, 10.30am – 12.00 noon Saturday 14 April 2012.
Have your say. Council values your feedback.